Sunday, July 26, 2015

COUNT ME IN ......


Yipee, I agree :)

I've just finished a book about my experiences of growing up in the 1950's. I began it for a number of reasons, mainly because all the old traditions, domestic chores and so on have totally changed.

No one gets milk from the churn on the back of a horse and cart nowadays. I used to stand holding the jug whilst the milkman poured a stream of milk from a long ladle.
Who uses the mangle and posser, the copper and creel? 

So because I wanted my descendants to know about life in those days, I knocked out 95,00 words about life, school, festivals and traditions in Bradford, Yorkshire just after the war.

It won't be published, but I may get it printed up.

I'm also into new experiences as well as old ones, and here's me, silver hair, bib and all, enjoying crab for the first time.




Followed by dessert, of course!



Lynda, New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment